Pressure forming with Ray Products offers quality and detail that can match or sometimes exceed other plastic manufacturing process, along with tooling costs that are a mere fraction of injection molding.
Pressure forming creates highly detailed plastic parts in a process where heated thermoplastic sheets are pressed against their mold surface using both vacuum and pressure. The result is plastic parts with zero residual stress, a fine level of detail and features like vents and louvers, molded-in textures, words and logos, sharp corners, tight tolerances and zero draft.
With the ability to form in undercuts and snap fit features, pressure forming can minimize assembly time. It provides the cosmetic qualities many people expect from injection molding, with a high quality finish that doesn’t need to be painted.
With affordable tooling and production costs, pressure forming is often the best option for production runs from the high hundreds to the mid-thousands. At Ray Products, we can pressure form very large parts up to a full 10’x6’, with up to 40” of depth and starting sheet thickness up to .500”.
Key Benefits of Pressure Forming
- High Levels of Detail and Precision
- Attractive Cost at Quantity
- Large Part Capability
- Complex Geometry Without High Costs
- Part-to-Part Repeatability
- Molded-In-Color, Textures, Lettering & Logos
- Molded In Undercuts, and Snap Fit Features
- Flexible Finishing Options
- Several Material Options From V-0 Rated ABS to Polycarbonate and PETG
- Fully Recyclable Material
Pressure Forming Projects
WANT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR OBSESSION WITH QUALITY ON YOUR NEXT PROJECT? WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.