We love getting to meet with engineers, designers and manufacturers at Design-2-Part shows around the country. But we look forward to the Southern California D2P show every year because it’s in Long Beach, which is practically our backyard. (If, you know, the Pacific Ocean could be a backyard.)
If you’ll be in town on September 12th and 13th, here are our recommendations for what not to miss.
- Check out the waterfront. Long Beach is where city meets resort, and the waterfront is the perfect place to experience the best of both worlds. Stroll along Shoreline Park and admire the boats in the harbor, visit the lighthouse, and poke around the fun and unique shops of Shoreline Village.
- Get out, in or under the water. Don’t miss the world-renowned Aquarium of the Pacific. With over 11,000 animals in more than 50 exhibits, the aquarium recreates many of the Pacific’s unique ecosystems. If you want to see marine life in the wild, consider a whale watch. And if you’re extending your stay and have some extra time on your hands, take the Catalina Express out to the Catalina Island, a breathtaking destination 22 miles off the coast.
- Visit the Queen Mary. Built in the 1930s and retired in 1967, the historic Queen Mary is an ocean liner-turned-hotel permanently docked in Long Beach. Whether you book a stay or just drop by for a drink, meal, tour or special event, the Queen Mary is a must-see.
- Grab a bite to eat. There are many dining options near the Long Beach Convention Center, so you’re bound to find something right up your alley. For breakfast or a light bite, we love Crème de la Crepe. For lunch, the sandwiches at the family-owned Modica’s Deli are excellent. In the mood for a delicious meal with a gorgeous view? Check out Parkers’ Lighthouse.
- Come say hi. We’ll be at Booth #143 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday the 12th and from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Thursday the 13th. Come find us, say hi and let us know what you’re working on right now. We’d love to tell you a bit about thermoforming and what our custom-manufactured plastics can do for you.
Register here if you haven’t already. We hope to see you there